Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's a job!

So, I had this "light bulb" moment yesterday. Homeschooling is like working from home. I think I need to learn how to manage my time better. The curriculum (or lack of) we are using requires a lot of my time for planning. I'm finding myself spending a lot of my "spare time" working on schoolwork. I guess I need to schedule blocks of time to do it, and walk away when that time is up. It's just hard for me because I see it sitting there and know it needs to get done.
On another note, We had a great day yesterday getting our work done. The boys sat down and got right to it. It didn't drag on for hours because they were just sitting and staring into space. We finished our Olympic study on Monday and put the lapbooks together. The boys were quite proud of all the work they had done. I like how when it's all in one place like that, they can look at it and say "I did all this and here's what I learned". It was a good feeling for them.
My sister-in-law and her family are coming into town today to visit from Indiana. They will be staying with us for about 3 weeks. They have 4 kids that she also homeschools. Our plan is to get our schooling done with all of the kids every morning. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment