So, we have been using our new system for about 2 weeks. For the most part, it works for us. It definately makes my day easier because I'm not scrambling for supplies the minute before the boys do an assignment, it's all ready to go.
My frustration today comes from the fact that my kids seem to drag their feet on everything I give them to do. How do you teach them self- discipline? I set a timer for them to finish their asignement in a certain amount of time. I walk out of the room and they stop working. AUGHHH!! Yes - there are consequences for not finishing on time but, sometimesthey just don't seem to care. Like today, I planned on getting my housework done because my husband talked me out of it on Saturday : ). It is now 1:20pm and I have only cleaned one bathroom. I still need to do the other bathroom, sweep and mop the whole house, dust...the list goes on. If you know me, you know that I am pretty lax on housework, not anal about it at all. But, really, how long can you let it be dirty??? There is only so much I can take! Don't get me wrong, I love my boys and am thankful I have the opportunity to be home with them. But days like today make it difficult. Anyone out there have any auggestions on how to train them to have self-discipline?
No comments:
Post a Comment