Thank God for homeschooling this week! Caleb has had some stomach issues for the past week. And for the most part, he has been able to get some school done while laying on the couch. I'm so glad that we can do that and I don't have to call him in absent everyday and justify why we chose to keep him home, or try to get a doctor's note because it was longer than 3 days. But, I realize that's just me. That's part of the reason we decided to homeschool. The fact that we, as parents, are the ones ultimately responsible for our kids, and can make the decisions we feel are best for them. I could send them off to school and let someone else deal with them but, at the end of the day, we are still resomsible for their education. And Caleb just wan't getting what he needed in school. I realize that not everyone is called to do this with their kids and that for most, the public school system works great. We just felt like it was time for us to take the control back and do it the way we saw needed to be done. Maybe some of that stems from the fact that we feel like we always have someone else telling us what we can or can't do with Julianna. And for the most part, we can't change that right now. I don't know...: ) Just rambling a little. It's kind of hard to put that strong urge and desire God gives you down in writing!
A lot of the time, it's just getting through the day and our lessons, but somedays, like today, God reminds me why we started this journey in the first place and it burns in my heart. Thank God for days like this, it renews my zeal and passion for homeschooling when I feel I'm on the edge...
No comments:
Post a Comment