We have cousins visiting from out of state for a few weeks and let me just say...they are an active family! My borther-in-law is a college women's soccer coach and the rest of the family is just as active as him. Well, they have inspired us. I took the boys in for their annual physical the other day and discovered that my older son is over the "obese" threshold for his age. That's no surprise to me, I'm not blind; but it did make me sad. That's one area I've been lacking in is PE, and it shows on my kids. So we started a "Family Fitness Challenge". For the next 2 weeks we are keeping track of how much time we spend being physicaly active everyday. Our goal is 1 hour a day. Everyone who hits that goal geta a prize, and the person with the most time gets an additional prize. We have really been lax on nutrition and exercise and I'm hoping this will create the habit of being active and taking care of our bodies. I"ll let you know how it goes.
Josiah has been studying Ancient Greece lately and he really likes it. I'm starting California history with Caleb. We are looking at curriculum for next year. Looks like we will be using Switched On Schoolhouse for both of them. It's a computer-based full curriculum. Caleb is currently using the math program and he likes it. We just need to get a small laptop so there are 2 computers in the house, and so they can take it with them when we need to be somewhere. Anybody out there use that curriculum? I'd like to hear from someone who is currently using it and how well it works. Thanks! Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment